Leveret af Blogger.

Be seated

To me there is a similarity between shoes and chairs. I tend to have a weak spot for both! The finnish chair by Alvar Aalto is clearly one of my favorites. Introduced between 1933 and 1935, my parents have them as dinning chairs, so they also have a sentimental place in my heart.

Lilla Åland by Carl Malmsten was made in 1942 and is such a cozy chair and it is still rocking.

The Ant by Arne Jacobsen is to me quintessential beauty on legs. Made in 1952 Arne wanted to make his own version of the dsr chair by Eames. Kristjan and I have four of them and we enjoy them everyday!

German designer Michael Thonet made the Thonet chair 209 in the 1860´s and it translates perfectly to the new millennium. What is you favorite chair?

Send en kommentar

Picture

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP